Video Grabber PC- Window 7 driver update
|Support: Video Grabber PC
TROUBLESHOOTING: Updating the Video grabber drivers on Windows 7
UPDATED APRIL 18 2011
Follow the steps below to update the Spectare Video Grabber driver on a Windows 7 computer.
NOTE: LEAVE YOUR EXISTING VERSION OF THE DRIVER INSTALLED– DO NOT UNISTALL BEFORE TRYING THIS.
1) Download the Software update files:
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD THE FILE: SpectareVideo_BDA120209.zip
Click SAVE AS and save this file onto your Computer Desktop
2) Un-zip the files
Use an application such as Winzip or Stuffit to uncompress the files on your computer. If you do not have this application you may download it for free at http://www.winzip.com/downwz.htm
After the files are extracted you should see the following directory and sub directory of files– DO NOT LAUNCH THESE FIlES YET. You will access these files in a later step.
3) Access the Hardware device Manager on Windows 7:
- After Restart open Device Manager by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager. If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation
see also this article on the Windows Web Site: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-SG/windows7/Open-Device-Manager
4) . Right click on the USB EMP driver from the Device Manager.
5) Click on “Update Driver Software.”
6) Click on “Browse my Computer for driver software.”
7) Click on “Search for driver software in this location” and choose the location that you downloaded from STEP TWO above.
- If you have a 32 bit system choose the directory BDA32
- If you have a 64 bit system choose the directory BDA64
8 ) After the driver has been updated RESTART YOUR COMPUTER
9 ) launch the Presto! digital converter and you should be ready to capture video
IF this still does not solve your problem then please CONTACT OUR SUPPORT TEAM with the following information about your computer:
You can obtain most of this information by Right Clicking on the MY COMPUTER icon and selecting properties– this information will appear in the General tab of the properties window:
1) Operating system and Service pack number
2) Processor type and speed in GHz?
3) Amount of RAM memory is installed on your computer
4) Available hard disc space. (you can check this by right clicking on your C drive icon and selecting “properties”)
5) Do you have any other USB devices such as printers, scanners, cameras or all-in-one printer/scanners that are either connected or you have software installed for their operation.
If you are unable to solve your problem click here to contact support.